Put your knowledge about the World Cup to the test with Huw Williams’ World Cup Trivia contest! Email your answers to Huw by midnight, Monday, April 10. All of the people who get all of the answers right will be entered into a drawing for Sporting KC tickets for two to an upcoming game.
- Which 3 England players have been shown red cards during World Cup games?
A: Ray Wilkins (1986), David Beckham (1998) and Wayne Rooney (2006).
- Who are the top 3 goal scorers in World Cup history?
A: Miroslav Klose, Germany (16), Ronaldo, Brazil (15) and Gerd Mueller, Germany (14)
- Which country has Brazil played twice in the World Cup final?
A: Italy – 1970, 1994
- Name the oldest player to play in a World Cup match.
A: Roger Milla, Cameroon (42 years and 39 days)
- Name the oldest player to play in the World Cup Final.
A: Dino Zoff, Italy (40 years and 133 days)
- Which German player played in 5 consecutive World Cups?
A: Lothar Matthaus (1982-1998)
- England won the 1966 World Cup final 4-2 in OT after tying 2-2 in regulation. If the score would have remained a tie after OT what would have happened?
A: A coin would have been flipped to determine the winner.
- Which stadium has been the venue for two World Cup Finals?
A: Azteca, Mexico City (1970, 1986)
- Against whom did Clint Dempsey score his first ever World Cup goal?
A: Ghana, 2014
- Who was the first US player to score in multiple World Cups?
A: Brian McBride – 1998, 2002
The WINNER IS: Ryan Berberich! He receives two Sporting Kansas City tickets! From all of us at GSI Sports thank you to everyone who entered the “Game of Thrown- Ins” Trivia Contest and be sure to follow us on social media for some wonderful prizes from our partners and sponsors all year long!
Answers had to be received by midnight, Monday, April 10, 2017. Winners were notified by email by April 14, 2017.